As Canadian athletes arrive for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, some activists are using the occasion to draw attention to the plight of the more than 100 Canadians detained in China, including Chinese-Canadian Uyghur rights advocate Huseyin Celil.
- Behar and Kamran: Canada must appoint a special envoy to bring Huseyin Celil home from China
- China urged to release ‘wrongfully’ jailed Canadian on 16th anniversary of his arrest￼
- Liberal MPs press for appointment of special envoy to free long-jailed Canadian in China￼
- Remember Canadians in Chinese prison as Olympics start, activists urge￼
- Opinion: This Canadian has been jailed by China for 15 years. Why aren’t the Liberals helping?